Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Blanket for my Husband

What do you get someone who graduated OCS?  I have had no idea.  While Christopher was in OCS I belonged to a Facebook group for his class and they had great suggestion, but I'm not sure they were great suggestions for Chris: 1) A Sword (Chris didn't sound that excited about it and a Sword costs about $400-500, pretty expensive for something he would never use), 2) a Watch (Chris doesn't wear the one he already owns so no good), 3) Cuff Links (I can't think of a single shirt Chris has that requires cuff links)  and 4) a Box to hold ribbons and insignia (this I just wasn't sure about).  So after all those suggestions I was still at a loss for what to get Christopher for his graduation.  After thinking and thinking I decided I would make him something special.  And with that decision I decided to Knit Christopher something.

I love to knit, I find it very relaxing and it is one of my favorite past times.  I have knit blankets in the past, nothing exciting just combinations of knitting and pearling and maybe a few colors.  If you are one of my friends it is possible you have received one of these blankets for Christmas at some point and I am currently working on one for my Brother-in-law for Christmas per his request (He told my sister he wanted one now that he was part of the family).  But for Christopher's graduation I decided to do something a little special.  I wanted to create a blanket with the word Navy, our last name Brave and an Anchor on it.  In order to do this I grabbed my grid paper and sketched out my designs.  After many hours of knitting and untangling bags of yarns here is my blanket.


I am in Love with how it turned out!!! 
I was really excited that the anchor looks like an anchor and you are able to read the words!!
This is what I gave Christopher for his OCS graduation, hopefully he will love it as much as I loved and enjoyed making it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment