Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 17

Day 17:  (Time for catch up since I didn't make it yesterday.)  I am thankful for the work I am able to do with children.  Although I currently work with adults, I started out in school with working strictly with pediatrics in mind.  I spent 6 years working with kids before I moved to Stuart and took a position at a SNF.  I LOVE working with kids, especially what I call my itty bitties (0-3).  I love the look on their face when you are showing them how to make a sound and they are so focused on trying to figure out how you are doing it.  I love watching as they start to really talk and communicate, how excited their parents get when they hear them say momma or dada for the first time.  With some of my older kids I treasure the times I have worked with those struggling to read, working together until they are able to read not only a few words or sentences, but a whole book!  Through my work with children I have come to know some very special people (most of whom I think of often), a few of my families I am still in contact with and they have a very special place in my heart.  They have become my close friends and family.  So I am grateful for the work I get to do with children, it is truly something I love doing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment