Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getting Ready for Fall

I know its not fall yet, but I sure am ready!  I have had enough of this Florida summer heat and am ready for it to cool down just a little (although it won't even cool down a little bit until mid-late October).

I decided to get a jump start on my Fall decoration by making a wreath for my Front Door (or some door in my new home!!)  I'm very excited about my wreath and can't wait until I can start decorating for Fall!

I made this wreath using a green foam wreath form, 6 different colors of tulle, and golden ribbon.  I started with 1 yard of each color of tulle (yellow, gold, cranberry, eggplant, brown, and orange) and a single roll of gold ribbon.  I ended up going back and getting another yard of the cranberry, eggplant and brown and another roll of gold ribbon.  Once on the wreath the gold and yellow almost look the same.  I did end up having tulle left over. When I got the tulle home it was already folded in half.  So I started by rolling up the tulle into a roll, snipping off the end so the edge was even and cutting 1 1/2 inch pieces.  Once all the strips were cut I cut the them in half (where the tulle had been folded in half)  and then I cut the pieces in half again, the final pieces of tulle end up being about 14 1/2 inches long.  (From one 1 1/2 inch strip of tulle I got 4 pieces.)  I then just started tying the strips of tulle to the wreath.  (I originally tried to loop the tulle onto the wreath, the way you would if you were making a tutu, but the tulle wasn't long enough and was too loose.  I was concerned that it would fall off so I decided to just tie the tulle on the wreath which looked just fine.)  Every 1 1/2-2 inches I would tie a piece of gold ribbon which I cut to match the length of the tulle pieces.  Once all the green of the wreath was covered I just finished off the wreath with the orange glitter leaf!

(This is the wreath part of the way through.  You can see the type of wreath I used)


To Make a Tulle Fall Wreath:
1 yard yellow tulle (matte or shiny, I used shiny)
1 yard gold tulle (matte or shiny, I used shiny)
1 yard orange tulle (matte or shiny, I used shiny)
1-2 yards brown tulle (matte or shiny, I used shiny)
1-2 yards cranberry tulle (matte or shiny, I used matte)
1-2 yards eggplant tulle (matte or shiny, I used matte)
1 wreath form
1-2 spools golden ribbon

1) Cut the tulle into 1 1/2 inch strips by rolling up the tulle into roll and snipping off the end to make the edge even.

2) Cut the 1 1/2 inch strips into 4 even pieces (the pieces end up being 14 1/2- 15 inches long)

3) Cut golden ribbon into pieces that match the length of the tulle (14 1/2 inches long)

4) Tie the tulle onto the wreath form

5) Every 1 1/2- 2 inches tie on a piece of golden ribbon

6) When finished tying on all of the tulle and ribbon finish off your wreath with whatever fun Fall decoration you have, I used an orange glitter leaf!

7) Enjoy your wreath!! It's a simple and beautiful Fall decoration to make for your home!















No comments:

Post a Comment