Monday, July 16, 2012

The Move is Over

Well the last week and a half have been very busy!  We have finally moved and are kind of settled into our temporary home.  We spent a lot of time cleaning, organizing and packing.  After sorting through all of our belonging we came up with a decent number of items to donate.  This is only part of our donation pile! 


It was definitely bittersweet to say goodbye to the home we had shared for the last 3 years.  But Sunday morning we left our keys behind and drove away.  It was very difficult to say goodbye to my friends.  I have worked as a home health speech therapist for the past 3 years and some of the families I worked with have become very dear and wonderful friends.  I will miss seeing them on a weekly bases and watching the children I worked with grow and develop.   


I am looking forward to the future.  We have made out move.  Packed all our belongings into a 26' truck (which I drove!!)  Here was my ride.  All in all I have to say all the stress I felt about drive the truck was for nothing.  It drove really well and even though I had 26' of truck behind me, both the truck and I made it safely to our destination.  


Now I am starting my new job.  I had my first day today and what a change it will be.  Working with adults in a nursing home is completely different from my little children.  Hopefully I will check on quickly... 

No comments:

Post a Comment